Kasımpasa flour factory, one of the important industrial structures of its period, was built as a mill building during the reign of Sultan Abdulmecid in 1852. It became a complex construction with the addition of second and third warehouses in 1928. The building had masonry, steel, and wood construction techniques at the time it was built, also traces of reinforced concrete systems that were added later are seen in the building. There are decorative elements in the art nouveau style, which do not have a stylistic unity, these are arched doors and windows, stone jambs, and stone floor dividers on the facades of the building. Due to the deterioration of the structure and materials, the additions made from time to time, and the fact that it was empty for a long time, the structure was almost destroyed, and a certain part of the front facades remained standing. Today, the building is unusable in its current form. 


Project Description

The industrial structure, which is a second Group Registered Building, is located on the edge of the Golden Horn Sea and consists of an area of 18,400m². Building abandoned over time and not used today. The building complex has been redesigned with an approach that preserves the original parts, includes exhibition halls, art workshops, library, activity areas, and living spaces, ensures continuity of function in its entirety, and will be protected by the human life that is placed in the building.


Client                 : Ege Yapı A.Ş.

Building Area    : 18.400 m²

Location            : İstanbul, Beyoğlu, Bedrettin District

Works have been done within the scope of the project: 

  • Block Preliminary Projects Preparation.
  • Preparation of Interior Architecture and Engineering Projects.
  • Preparations of Building Survey, Restitution, Restoration, Reconstruction, and Engineering Projects.
  • Approving projects and obtaining legal permissions from institutions.
  • Taking Technical Implementation Responsibility.